Gae and John

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

While the Boss is away

Hi there everyone,

It seems ages since I updated the Blog and I guess that's because my travelling partner has been home in Aus. I hope she's getting a good dose of sunshine because the temperature over here doesn't get much above 0C these days.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics this time but I'll try and fill you in on what's happened in the last couple of weeks.

Gae and Jess took off for Australia on Monday the 15th as planned and for once the plane left on time. They both arrived in Denver with enough time to change planes to LA and then they had a 2.5 hour wait in LA before flying to Aus. That was the plan!!!

Arrival in Denver was fine but then the "Ice Storm" that blanketed the southern states of the US, killing about 80 people, caused their connecting flight to be 2 hours late. You can imagine what they were thinking with only a 2.5 hour turn around in LA. Anyway as luck would have it Qantas organised a bus from one plane to the next, by passed all the security and they made it onto their respective planes with minutes to spare.

Luggage took a different route. 3 or 4 days after arriving in Australia all their luggage turned up at Jess' house in Victoria, not a lot of use to Gae. Anyway Jess sent Gae's off to Qld and everything ended up OK.

As for me being left all on my own, no way. The day after they left I jumped on a plane and was off to Salt Lake City for 9 days. That trip didn't quite go according to plan with my plane breaking down on the runway and being delayed for 3 hours until the next flight but I arrived safley.
As usual work got in the way of adventure but I did manage to spend the weekend swishing down the slopes of Brighton and Alta ski resorts in Salt Lake City. It was awesome, the snow was only 5 feet thick so the locals were complaining but I thought it was pretty good compared to Australia. I could hardly walk on Monday.

Thats about it for the last two weeks, I've just arrived home and will be back at work tomorrow. I think I'm off to the mine in Colerado next week so hopefully I'll get a chance to visit Steam Boat Springs and do a bit more swishing. I'll take the camera.

Catch you all soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John - Australia Day here - auzzie, auzzie, auzzie - oi, oi, oi - will send a couple of photos by email of Sarah's 21st.

Cheers Jack & Kerri

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home